Congratulations to The Creative Flow – winner for Dundalk FM at the Craol Achievement Awards held in the Regency Hotel on 28th May 2016.
Jacinta Matthews is the producer and presenter of The Creative Flow which highlights local and national writers, poets and short story writers. Jacinta also has set up a vibrant Book Club as part of the show. The judges commented on the Creative Flow as being ‘a great platform for creative writers, a very engaging programme with lots of local voices’. You can listen in at 7pm on the first Wednesday of the month or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to take part.
- All entries must be original and not previously published or broadcast/recorded in any form of commercial recording.
- Entries may be on any theme.
- Short stories must have a word count of between 1500 and 2000 and be typed in double spacing with pages numbered.
- While copy rights remain the property of the author, Dundalk FM / The Creative Flow programme reserve the right to arrange broadcasting of the selected works.
- All entries must be accompanied by a submission form.
- You may submit entries throughout the year. You may enter as many times as you wish. Each entry must have its own submission sheet (one per short story, one per 3-4 poems).
- The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding their decision.
- Entries will not be returned, so make sure you retain your own copy.
- All submissions, both short story and poems must be in English.
- All submissions chosen to be aired on The Creative Flow programme will be entered into our annual The Creative Flow Short Story Award and The Creative Flow Poet of The year Award.
- Submit entries online by email to Jacinta@dundalkfm.com, or hand in a hard copy to The Creative Flow, DundalkFM, Partnership Court, Park Street, Dundalk.
Download an application form below.
The Creative Flow was born out of a love of writing and media training at Dundalk FM. Interested in writing short stories and poetry, I joined a creative writers group and quickly came to realise that there is a wealth of talent in Dundalk and the surrounding areas. I thought it would be great to have a programme that showcased this talent and proposed an outline of the programme to the production team at Dundalk FM and The Creative Flow was born.
On the first Wednesday in February 2014, the first programme of The Creative Flow aired and the submissions flowed in. So good was the standard that by November, we decided to have an awards show to celebrate the first anniversary of the show and give recognition to the participants. Our winners were Noel Sharkey for poetry and Jean Reinhardt for short story submissions. I really love receiving the submissions and choosing what will make it to air. I am currently accepting submissions for the 2015 awards which is open until November 2015.
Keeping story telling in mind, we also have a book club. Each month we feature a new book and are currently building up a panel of reviewers. We chat about the book and I also interview the author. This gives us a unique opportunity to get the inside scoop on the process of writing, what drove the author and the reviewers can put any questions to the author that helps give a greater understanding to the book.
So, if you would like to submit your poetry or short stories (download the submission sheet from the website)or are interested in being one of our book reviewers, contact me on Jacinta@dundalkfm.com or drop into the station at Partnership Court , Park Street, Dundalk .
Looking forward to hearing from you.