Review of 2019
We made a special effort to record new Christmas Shows – so thank you to the following: Gussie Hearty’s Christmas Day Special, the Garda Senior Citizen’s Christmas Party, St Brigid’s School Christmas Fair, Men’s Shed Concert, Noel Sharkey’s recordings from the Blackrock and Haggardstown Senior Citizen’s Party, ‘A Winter’s Tale’ by the Clermont Chorale – recorded in St Mary’s Church, Castlebellingham, the Dundalk Baptist Church Carol Service, Aiken Barracks Town Talk Show, Primary Kids featuring Knockbridge NS with Orla Crilly. John Englishby’s Quiet Irish Music Christmas Special, We Rock Your World, Beaten Tracks and Rocksteady Rhythms Christmas Editions, the Goblin and the Gravedigger Radio Play by Patricia Reynolds, the SMART Network Louth Christmas Special recorded in the Community Offices and the Classic Sounds Christmas Day show at 12pm with Jim Ryan. Thank you everyone, it makes for the best radio at Christmas time.
New Shows 2019
Mike’s Music Express Mike McMahon, 12pm on Saturdays
Saturday Night 80’s Andy McKenna, 10pm 1st Saturday
Odds & Sods John Englishby, 11pm 1st Saturday
Saturday Night David Larkin, 10pm 2nd Saturday
My Week In Tunes Danny O’Hanlon, 11pm 2ndSaturday
Roots and Boots Kerry Fearon, 10pm 3rd Saturday
Your Song Donal Carroll & Margaret Hoey, 11pm 4th Saturday
Build up with Bellew Match nights from 7pm
AlphaBeats Series 1 and 2 3pm and 4pm on Sundays
Inspire Well Being Music Show, Brendan Connolly Poetry and Music Show, Automatic Pilot – Poetry and Music show, Town Talk Miscellany, Ready Steady Go, Féile 2019 Special Tracey Hanby, A-Z of Music Philip O Brien, St Patrick’s Bank Holiday Monday programming – all Irish music shows hosted by various presenters. We Will Rock You Hallowe’en and Christmas Specials.
2019 Outside Broadcasts
|Feb||Dundalk Chamber M50 Launch, Bellingham Castle.|
|Mar||Enterprise Week, Creative Spark.
International Women’s Day, County Library.
Carlingford Vigil for Ruth Maguire, Carlingford.
|Apr||Age Friendly Conference, Crowne Plaza.
Fr Michael Cusack/Birches Fundraiser, St Gerard’s Hall.
|May||Election Coverage, Redeemer Resource Centre.
National Volunteer Week, Louth Volunteer Centre.
LMETB Open Day, Chapel Street.
Drink Tea for MND, Quay Celtic Clubrooms.
|June||Sunshine Choir Coffee Morning, Rehab Hub.
Vantastival, Beaulieu House.
|July||Drive105FM Derry v Dundalk.
Dundalk Pride, Outcomers.
Open Day in Louth County Hospital.
|Sept||Knockbridge Vintage Festival.
Coffee Morning, North Louth Hospice.
Louth Volunteer Centre Fair, DKIT.
Kavanagh Poetry Weekend, Inniskeen.
|Oct||10 Year Licence Radiothon.
Mental Health Week, County Museum.
Coder Dojo Mór, Carroll’s Building, DKIT.
|Nov||Louth Craftmark Christmas Fair, Bellurgan Park.|
|Dec||Dundalk Simon Community, Joceyln Street.
Aiken Barracks Christmas Special.
Shows: Town Talk, Mike’s Music Express, Lunch Box, Brunch, Lion’s Club at your Service, Good Morning Dundalk, Showband Street, Drive Time & 35 Soccer Commentaries.
New Trainees who completed our 2 day courses were:
Dominik Buch, Joe McArdle, Cathal McCooey, Dan Pope, Andy McKenna, Gregor Byatt, Orla Crilly, David Larkin, Kerry Fearon, Eddie Cranney, Cynthia Manda, Mary Matthews, Eimear O’Kane and Mary Rose Muckian,
David Bellew and Ryan O’Donnell – QQI L3 Media Expression Course.
David Bellew, Billy Lyons, Sean O’Connor and Kevin McGuirk – QQI L4 Community Radio Course.
Dundalk International Trainees (funded by the Department of Justice)
Here is a video clip of John from Sweden along with Carole (Scotland) and Eimear (Ireland) with their Swedish cafe role play.
Here is a clip of Narcissa (Romania) ,Filomena (Ireland) and Tara (Ireland) with their Romanian cafe role play.
We are looking for participants for 2 FREE RADIO COURSES in the New Year – Women on Air (funded by the Anne McGeeney Trust Fund) and Dundalk International. The first is aimed at immigrants and local people and the second is for migrants and refugee women. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Keep an eye out for Community Radio Ireland sponsored training in Continuous Professional Development for Trainers and the Craol Féile workshop in October.
Events Team – a real success and suggestions and new members are welcome!
- The Events Team had a brilliant year starting with the 70’s Christmas Party Night 2018. The 2019 event is a sell out.
- The €500 Shop Local Members Christmas Draw raised €1,213.00.
- A donation of €4,235.00 was contributed to help pay for Broadcast Software and the new equipment for the studio.
- The Flag Day in August contributed to station funds.
Sound and Vision Documentaries that we completed.
Clan II, SS Connemara, The Romantic Landscape, Musical Chances – Music Generation Louth, St Brigid of Faughart, The Buildings Built by the British in Dundalk. If you have an idea for an application for the 2020 rounds contact email@example.com.
New Daytime Presenters
- John Englishby.
- Cathal McCooey.
- Mary Rose Muckian.
- We signed a 10 year licence with the BAI on on 27th August.
- Thanks to the Craol stations who sent us a congratulations audio clip.
- Craol Achievement Awards GOLD Winners – Dundalk Lion’s At Your Service and the Oriel Park Live Team.
- We would like to thank Aidan Noone who stepped down as producer from the Brunch. Aidan will continue to record, edit and send in interviews for broadcast.
- Congratulations to Marian DelDuca – Volunteer of the Month Award.
- Welcome Marissa Lucchesi – Research Staff, Billy Lyons -Weekend Duty Manager and Victoria McArdle – Projects Researcher.
- A Most Significant Change Story featuring the Summer League Focus was included by Craol as part of a National Research project.
- Annual Membership is renewed during August.
- 50 minutes max for pre-recorded shows.
- Save a promo of your show to the Timed Promos folder.
- New Show Proposals – P&T Meetings – 1st Tuesday at 4.30pm.
- Play the News/Community Notices at the top of the hour.
- 30% Irish Music per show.
Thank You all for helping to improve our service.
- To all the local community groups, businesses, regional and national organisations along with the arts, business and sports community.
- To our local representatives, Community Radio Ireland, Pobal Community Services Programme, Central CE and Tús.
- To our volunteers, guests, board of directors, sub committees and our helpful, creative and hard working staff.
Thank You and Happy New Year 2020!