Dundalk FM is now accepting applications from members for Round 40 of the Sound and Vision 4 Funding Scheme.
The deadline is 5.00 pm on Monday 19th July 2021 and fully detailed applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
The Application Form and Guidelines are available from the BAI website on this link: Sound and Vision
Our Sound and Vision Committee will assess the applications on Tuesday 20th July.
Sound and Vision 4 (“the Scheme”) is a funding scheme for television and radio programmes, developed under the provisions of the Broadcasting Act 2009 (“the Act”). The objectives of the Scheme are:
- Develop high-quality programmes based on Irish culture, heritage and experience,
- Develop these programmes in the Irish language,
- Increase the availability of programmes referred to above to audiences in the State,
- Represent the diversity of Irish culture and heritage,
- Record oral Irish heritage and aspects of Irish heritage which are disappearing, under threat, or have not been previously recorded, and
- Develop local and community broadcasting.
To achieve these objectives, the Scheme offers grant funding to new television and radio programmes which deal with the themes of
- Irish culture, heritage and experience;
- Improving adult or media literacy;
- Raising public awareness and understanding of global issues impacting on the State and countries other than the State
- Any of the above in the Irish language.
The scheme is financed from the Broadcast Fund which comprises 7% of the annual net receipts from television licence fees.