Would you like to join a team of 20 new radio presenters on a FREE 4-day course starting Thursday October 25th?
There is a choice of weekly morning or afternoon sessions. Participants will be expected to take an active part in community radio broadcasting as reporters on completion of the course.
There are 10 places for migrants and 10 for local people and this project is supported by the Communities Integration Fund.
To apply send an email with your reason for applying and preference for morning or afternoon to email@example.com.
The Course outcomes are:
- Increased media literacy and technical skills
- Sharing their experience with the wider community
- Evaluating and presenting their new skills and knowledge to the groups they represent
1. Community Radio Theory
- Ethos and background of Community run and owned Radio Stations
- Radio programme Documentation such as Running Orders, links
- Programme Formats and Features
- Health and Safety
2. Practical Radio Sound Desk Skills
- Setting Microphone and Playout levels
- Recording and Editing Show intros and links
- Creating a promo for a show
- Creating a 25 minute magazine show
- Listening Exercise
- Coaching on how to read out community notices, research and read out a news item