June 2019 News
Dundalk FM’s recent and upcoming Outside Broadcast, Training and Information Evening Schedule.
|Apr||17||OB Town Talk||Age Friendly Conference||Crowne Plaza|
|24||OB Town Talk||Fr Michael Cusack/Birches Fundraiser||St Gerard’s Hall|
|May||3||OB Town Talk||Redeemer Resource Centre
the Big Hello/Community Radio Day
|Redeemer Resource Centre|
|13||7.00 pm Sound Desk Training|
|16||OB Town Talk||National Volunteer Week||Louth Volunteer Centre|
|23||OB Town Talk||LMETB Open Day||Chapel Street|
|25 & 26||OB Brunch/Dlk FM Election Crew||Local, European Elections & Referendum||Redeemer Count Centre|
|31||OB First Cut||Vantastival||Beaulieu House, Drogheda|
|OB 2pm – 4pm
OB 3pm – 5pm
|Vantastival||Beaulieu House, Drogheda|
|11||OB Town Talk||Rehab Coffee Morning||Rehab Hub|
|17||7.00 pm Sound Desk Training|
|19||3.00 pm Outside Broadcast Technical Training|
|23||OB On the Street where you Live||Motor Neuron Disease Fundraiser||Clancy Park, Quay Street|
|July||3||3.00 pm Dundalk FM Events Team meeting|
|11||7.00 pm Information Evening for New Volunteers|
|12||OB Town Talk||Dundalk Pride||Roden Place|
|15||7.00 pm Sound Desk Training|
- Our Dundalk FC match commentary team have been to 16 games so far and are looking forward to the UEFA Champion’s League matches starting in early July.
- The Summer League Focus show with Gussie Hearty, Robbie Rafferty and Dazer Bond returned to the Wednesday 8pm evening slot.
- This year we have aired new Spotlight Shows by Orla Crilly (The Sunshine Bar), Dominik Buch (Queen), Cathal McCooey (Creedance Clearwater Revival), Tara Tine (The Cranberries), David Bellew (Moonlight Benjamin and a show about Dundalk Solo Artists), Noel Sharkey (The Breakaways) and Jason Kelly (Charlie Landsborough).
- Ready Steady…Go! Series 2 produced by Marissa Lucchesi begins on 22nd June.
- A Weekend News Service would be a great addition to the station service so if you would like to join our news team, please have a chat with Paddy McEneaney and he will show you how to research and record the news, sports and weather.
Volunteer Involvement and Training
- We had the highest attendance (12) at our April Radio Documentary Workshop – Jason Kelly, Brian Bingham, David Bellew, Sean T O’Reilly, Harry Mallon, Michael Dowdall, Brendan Connolly, Eamon O Reilly, Marian Del Duca, Billy Lyons, Tony Moran and David Larkin. The discussion was hosted by Alison Lennon and Alan Byrne. The closing date for the next round for Sound and Vision applications is the 7th of November.
- Our April Radio Course trainees were Gregor Byatt, Andy McKenna, David Larkin and Orla Crilly. Andy and David are starting their own shows on the 1st and 2nd Saturday of the month at 10.00 pm.
- 12 people attended the Coffee Evening on Thursday 9th May at 7pm.
- The next evening will be on Thursday 11th July at 7pm. Please pass on this invite to anyone who would like to join us.
- The June Radio Course attendees were Kerry Fearon, Cynthia Manda and Eddie Cranney.
- If you want to brush up on your Sound Desk Skills then we have training on Monday 17th June and Monday 15th July – at 7pm.
- There were 7 people at the OB Training on Wednesday 22nd May, so we will run another workshop on Wednesday 19th June at 3.00 pm.
- A special word of thanks to Pat Byrne, Marissa Lucchesi, Caoimhe O’Malley, John Englishby, Marian Del Duca, Billy Lyons, Philip O’Brien and John Murphy for helping to training our new volunteers.
- Dundalk FM will sign a new 10 year licence in July 2019. This is our third licence – the first was in 2004 (5 years) and the second was in 2009 (10 years).
- Andrew Nulty created a really useful page for the recent elections and it can be found herehttps://dfmbusiness.wordpress.com/2019-elections/
- April and May additions to the History of Community Radio webpage can be found herehttps://www.dundalkfm.com/about-us/dundalks-community-radio-history-book/
- Don’t forget about our Suggestion Box and Volunteer of the Month Nomination Forms.
- If a song finishes before the news then you can play out the Timed Promos. These are show promos of varying length from 10 seconds to over 60 seconds. You will find this in the Ad Carts Folder. Tip: Rather than fading out at the top of the hour for the news or going into the next programme hour you can fade out your second last song so the last song will finish in time for the news.
If there is information about the station that you would find useful please let me know and I will include it in the September update.