The aim is to Integrate 20 new voices into our community radio service by having a weekly reporter slot.
- Increased media literacy and technical skills
- Sharing their experience with the wider community
- Evaluating and presenting their new skills and knowledge to the groups they represent
1. Community Radio Theory
- Ethos and background of Community run and owned Radio Stations
- Radio programme Documentation such as Running Orders, links
- Programme Formats and Features
- Health and Safety
2. Practical Radio Sound Desk Skills
- Setting Microphone and Playout levels
- Recording and Editing Show intros and links
- Creating a promo for a show
- Creating a 25 minute magazine show
- Listening Exercise
- Coaching on how to read out community notices, research and read out a news item.
Thank you to Lucie Mingmei Hao who is 4th Tear student of TV and Film in the DKIT for taking photos of the first day’s training workshop.