Info Meeting Slides 20200729
Between each session, your coach will contact you to help with workshop queries and practical advice.
If you haven’t already please fill in and return the Membership Form to your trainer.
Membership Form 2021
|Audio Recording and Editing.
- Recording using an app on your mobile phone or tablet – read a community notice on your phone and email it to the trainer.
- The Broadcast Studio – find out about the equipment we use at the station – sound desks faders, guest mics, playing out from a PC/Laptop, making a phone calls etc. and how to set up your own home studio.
- Recording at Home
- Audio Editing Software editing features e.g. amplify audio, normalise, fade in out.
Links to Audio Editing Tutorials.
Dark Audacity – see the excellent tutorial from Galway Student radio Station Flirt FM.
Flirt FM Dark Audacity Tutorials
Reaper is a high standard audio editing software – see the Dundalk FM tutorials below
- Become familiar with radio programming terminology – have a look at the Schedule and fill in the details asked for on the radio Terminology Page.
- Radio Terminology
- Schedule 8 Feb 2021
- Interview Practice – using a Press Release, write an introduction, questions and practice conducting an interview.
- In a group script, record and edit a 25 minute Show on the theme ‘Community Radio in Ireland, Europe and the World’ – include intro, community radio news, a telephone call, voxpops, ads, music etc. and a promo for the show.
- Meet up virtually and prep the radio show during the week – fill in the running order/type up the links/record the features and email them to the trainer.
- You can borrow a digital recorder from the station to practice recording.
- Arrange a time for Trainer to check-in via Zoom or telephone call.